install woes on a g4 sawtooth (phase 2)

Ken Simpson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Apr 20 15:51:01 2002

Thanks Dan, it was interesting what I worked out in the end. Your
help was almost right.

What was happening, was that I was specifying a mount point of /boot
for the bootloader.

When I didn't specify the mountpoint - it all installed like a charm.
Got it up and running very quickly.

However there are still 2 problems.

1. I can't use yup. apt-get says I have the latest yup installed, but
if I type yup - it says command not found. Locate returns a path to
it, but the path is non-existent.

2. I made a small error in the yboot config at install. So to fix it,
I edited the /etc/yaboot.conf file and then ran /usr/sbin/ybin and it
said it couldn't do it because a volume was mounted.

can you help with a way through either of these problems?

Thanks