compiler RPMs

Joe Auty yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Apr 20 23:50:01 2002

Hi,

I'm installing YDL on an older Mac that only has a 1 gig drive... this
should be just fine for my needs, since I'm not interested in running
X-Windows or very much beyond what is included in the Internet Server
package (which is under 300 meg).

My problem is, what I do need that isn't included in this package are
the compilers.... I can install the make rpm without any difficulty, but
after installing GCC (and its dependencies), I get errors when I go to
compile involving what it looks like the configure scripts having
difficulty finding and using GCC.

Anybody know what RPMs I'd have to install to be able to compile, or
else have any ideas as to how I could go about getting this going? As I
said, I don't have enough disk space to install a larger package that
would have the compilers included...

Many thanks in advance!!

---
Joe Auty