compiler RPMs

Pete Peters yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 21 11:41:01 2002

Joe,

I hate to make this sound like a RTFM response, but IIRC, "what do I need
installed for developer" has been answered numerous times. Please search the
archives. If you did, my apologies, but let us know that you did.

Btw, even though you don't need X, from my lurking you may still have a
problem installing w/ "only" a 1GB drive. Ah-ha! I just found an old YDL 2.0
email that says a Developer Install will take 1.1GB space.

But I've already commented on *THAT* issue......<g>

Thanks.

Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com]On Behalf
Of Joe Auty
Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2002 10:50 PM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: compiler RPMs

Hi,

I'm installing YDL on an older Mac that only has a 1 gig drive... this
should be just fine for my needs, since I'm not interested in running
X-Windows or very much beyond what is included in the Internet Server
package (which is under 300 meg).

My problem is, what I do need that isn't included in this package are
the compilers.... I can install the make rpm without any difficulty, but
after installing GCC (and its dependencies), I get errors when I go to
compile involving what it looks like the configure scripts having
difficulty finding and using GCC.

Anybody know what RPMs I'd have to install to be able to compile, or
else have any ideas as to how I could go about getting this going? As I
said, I don't have enough disk space to install a larger package that
would have the compilers included...

Many thanks in advance!!

---
Joe Auty