Please make your subject line decriptive and relevant (was "RE: 2 questions")

Paolo Cordone yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 21 03:09:01 2002

At 14:45 -0700 20/04/2002, Pete Peters wrote:

>Paulo,
>
>I think John meant that you should use a subject line that makes sense. "2
>questions" could be anything. When you announce a lecture do you say "I'm
>giving a lecture," or do you say "I'm giving a lecture on the OSI Network
>Model?"

Pete. I take your point and I am quite familiar with netiquette.
However, as I did not see the point raised for messages such as
"Beige G3 question", "What happened?", or "Wow", I did not think that
there would be a major problem with my not-totally-descriptive
subject line.
Anyway, I just think that shouting is even a worse 'infraction' than
what I did.

Cheers,

Paolo
--
Paolo G. Cordone
Associate Lecturer, Information & Communication Technology