YDL virtual machine?

Jay Savage yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 21 12:42:01 2002

Hi all:

i've been using YDL 2.1 on and off on a B&W G3/350 for a while now, but still haven't gotten reliable FireWire support out of it under any kernel.  My hope was to use YDL as my primary operating system, and flip back to the mac side through MOL when I needed to.  Unfortunately, I'm committed to an 80GB LaCie FireWire drive on the mac side--a problem made worse in freeing up room for YDL on my primary HD--and I don't have the ready at the moment to buy a second internal disk, or a SCSI card and external disk.  I'm also, just by the nature of some projects i've got going at the moment, commited to YDL...or some flavor of Linux.

So the question is:  is there a way to run YDL as a virtual machine on the Mac?  I know some people who've had luck loading RedHat or Mandrake under soft windows, but that seems an inelegant, not to mention ram and CPU intensive, performance sucking solution.  It also seems like--espescially given that OS X can already load 9.x as a virtual machine--there ought to be a better way.  Does anybody know what it is?  I'm currently running OS 9.0.4, but I'm willing to upgrade, if that's what it takes.

Thanks

--jay savage

Click Here for Earth Friendly Wine.  Organic Wine Company, The Premier Source of French Organic Wines Since 1980.
http://planet-save.com/ecowine.htm