update on PCMCIA on Powerbook 2400

Tom Rymes yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 21 13:08:01 2002

Howdy folks,

Here's an update on my saga with my PB 2400 and PCMCIA:

I compiled the pcmcia-cs-3.1.33 source and things are making progress
now. At least I now have a full complement of network.opts files, etc.
However, the only card i can get 'cardctl' ident to recognize is a
cardbus linksys ethernet adapter. My 2400 is not cardbus "enabled" which
is why I assume that the card won't work.

Essentially, it is recognized by pcmcia as a network card, but DHCP
fails to work. My 16-bit D-link card and my 16-bit Farallon (3com) cards
are not recognized. ("no product info available")

Any ideas? I stumbled across something like this on the archives, but no
resolution.

Thank you,

Tom