Nintendo Emulator for Linux PPC

Shawn Dunn yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Apr 21 21:16:01 2002

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002 22:03:35 -0500
michelkenny@shaw.ca wrote:

> Thanks for the speedy response. Do I use the RPMs or do I have to
> compile the source myself? And there's something else that I've been
> asking myself. Can I take the source code of something for Linux x86
> and compile it under Linux PPC (Yellow Dog), or do I need the source
> code specifically written for Linux PPC?

	the xmame/xmess setup uses a standard:
		./configure
		make
		make install

	setup, not sure if they have any precompiled RPM's available for ANY architecture, let alone PPC, you could concieveably compile ANY x86 source on PPC, but sometimes you run into endianness issues, and I don't know the compiler flags well enough as of yet to edit most makefiles.....

				--Shawn