error with hfs disk

Paolo G. Cordone yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 22 14:43:01 2002

At 18:56 -0500 21/04/2002, Bill Roberts wrote:

>Hello
>I'm having a problem with an hfs (not hfs+) partition that I use to share
>between my mac and linux.
>when I try to delete (rm) a file it returns "Illegal instruction"
>then when I try to umount it (or restart the machine) it returns "device
>busy"
>my fstab line for that partion is:
>/dev/hda13  /share	hfs  defaults  0  2

Bill,

I have a question which relates to your problem. I am actually trying
to access my Mac partition from within Linux. I have edited fstab by
adding a line similar to yours (except for the 'N' in 'hdaN' entry.
However, when I create a hard disk on the desktop and double-click on
it, I get an error saying that the mount point /share does not exist.
What should I do in order to be able to 'see' the other Mac partition?

Cheers,

Paolo
--
Paolo G. Cordone
Associate Lecturer, Information & Communication Technology