error with hfs disk

Iain Stevenson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Apr 22 15:14:01 2002

It's not "exactly" the same problem.   Linux expects a mount point ie a
directory to exist at which the file system will be mounted in advance of
the mount command being given.  In your case it looks as though there is no
directory /share - hence the error message. You need to, as root, do:

cd /
ls

.. make sure there is no directory called "share" just to be safe.  If
there isn't:

mkdir share

... then try to mount the disk.

  Iain

--On Monday, April 22, 2002 21:34:46 +0100 "Paolo G. Cordone"