Darwin Streaming Server on YDL

Brad Paton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 24 08:55:00 2002

I've been trying to setup my YDL box with the Open Source Darwin Streaming
Server, and it seems like everything is working fine. I can check my running
processes and see that the streamingadminserver.pl script is running, along
with the actual server, but for some reason I can not get it to authenticate
through the web administration tool. It just goes in a recursive loop asking
for username and password.

So my questions are 2:
1) Does anybody have any ideas what the problem might be with running DSS on
a YDL box that would be causing this (I based my installation on an old set
of instructions for getting these to work, so I'm assuming there are a
couple people who have been successful at this), or if not then
2) Does anybody know how/where instructions are for administering the server
from the command line?

Sincerely,

Brad paton