Modem for use with PPC 6500 running YDL 2.2

Jackie LaVaque yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 24 09:18:01 2002

Hello,

I'm wondering if any of you would kindly recommend some makes/brands of external
56K modems to use with a PPC 6500 that is running YDL 2.2 (I'm going to be getting
DSL for my "other" computer that's running Windows XP- that's the one I need
to use for working at home). The internal modem does not work, and won't under
Linux, so I was told.

Also, where would you recommend I purchase one? If through an Internet site,
I'd appreciate a URL since I've not really done any computer shopping online
(except through TigerDirect, and they don't have Mac compatible external modems
right now). I would check myself but I don't know yet what I'm looking for...
so thanks tons for any suggestions in this regard.

I just got YDL up and running on this older PPC and have not yet installed any
peripherals, hardware or software on it, so I'm rather clueless where that's
concerned...

TIA-

Jackie