MacOSX update wiped out Yaboot?

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 24 22:15:00 2002

On 25 Apr 2002, wmkruse wrote:
>I performed an software update on MacOSX and it appears to have wiped
>out Yaboot.  Is there a simple way to reinstall Yaboot without doing a
>complete reinstall of YDL 2.2?

 Yes, there are a couple of ways depending on what kind of hardware you
have. If it is a late rev B&W G3, a late iMac or a G4 try booting with the
option key down. Then select the penguin and run ybin as root.

 If it is an early rev B&W, I'm not sure what will work, but this should:

- boot from install CD
- select custom install with 'advanced options' (or something like that,
sorry, don't have it in front of me)
- skip to partition disk, but just cancel (don't change anything)
- same for set mount points
- then select install boot-loader
- reboot.

 If these instructions aren't clear enough (I know they're really vague,
it's late and I'm tired), I can get better ones tomorrow. Let me know if
they are or not.

Cheers,

Chris

--