YellowDog 2.0 832*624

Luca Marcante yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 25 10:48:01 2002

>25-Apr-02 at 10:06, Luca Marcante (coira@inwind.it) wrote :
>> How can i do to run YellowDog 2.0 at 832*624 (thousands colors) on a
>> PowerMac 8200 with a 1 MB video Platinum card ?
>> In Xconfigurator, there isn't  this option.
>> LinuxPPC do this correctly, but how can i do with YellowDog ?
>
>If LinuxPPC does it correctly, just take the X config file from LinuxPPC
>and copy it over your YellowDog config file, and make sure you're using
>the same X server.

My LinuxPPC uses XFree 3.x.x , i'd like to run YellowDog with XFree 4.x  :-(
Really there isn't any other solutions ?

If i type Xautoconfig4, my monitor show images at 832*624 (but only 256
colors), and if i change the config file to obtain thousands colors, X
broke down.

If i type Xconfigurator, i obtain 800*600 pixels resolution at thousands
colors with a black 1 inch strip in the middle...in the same way, if i
change the config file to obtain 832*624, X broke :-(

Thanks for your help
Luca