YellowDog 2.0 832*624

Simon White yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 25 10:58:00 2002

25-Apr-02 at 18:43, Luca Marcante (coira@inwind.it) wrote :
> My LinuxPPC uses XFree 3.x.x , i'd like to run YellowDog with XFree 4.x  :-(
> Really there isn't any other solutions ?

I think that the modeline entries are more or less the same for XFree 3
and XFree 4, since they mean the same things, setting up all the different
parameters necessary.

You may have to do some trial-and-error, but generally, if you switch to
more colours or higher resolution there are corresponding horizontal and
vertical synchronisation settings which need to change. So you can't just
get it working at 256 colours and then just change colour depth, you will
have other settings you have to change too.

You might be able to find a correct X settings file for your graphics card
out there on the web somewhere... Xconfigurator and all those tools cannot
make anything but very conservative guesses because if they are too far
out, they can damage monitors.

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:89.01% see www.mersenne.org]
If the brain was so simple that we could understand it, we would be so