Any ppc programmers interested in Video Conferencing?

Hugh Caley yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Apr 26 09:48:01 2002

Graham Leggett wrote:

>OSx wrote:
>

>>>1. sound support (on YDL 2.1/2.2, at least, none of these programs seem
>>>to be able to open /dev/dsp)
>>>

>Are you sure /dev/dsp had not been locked by esd?

It's not being locked by esd; I never use it.  Usually I'm using
Gnomemeeting under WindowMaker.

>>Although sound did not work here, video was fine. I'm using YDL 2.1.
>>

>Has anyone got sound to work at all?
>
>I can get a connection going, the codecs used are fine, and when I talk
>on the Linux side, a sort of hissing crackle comes out of netmeeting,
>but other than that no luck at all.
>
>It would seem the macsound driver is neither OSS nor ALSA, and I cannot
>seem to find out any info about it.

Interestingly, I run xmms without problems, unless I've opened
Gnomemeeting once, after which xmms wiill not work (and it tells me
/dev/dsp is not available) until a reboot.

Hugh

--
"Brain-eating mutants are bad for business" - Battle Angel
Batmensch <hcaley@loomer.com>