More on hard disk install ...

Lindsay yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 30 06:22:01 2002

   OK, I've got over the booting without a boot disk problem.

   The only problem i've got now is that ydl 2.1 can't be told where the
packages are, it always looks for the cd (which the cd drive can't
read). I would have thought i would have been able to do some creative
linking of the mount mac partition (which has a copy of everything on
the cd) to /mnt/media or even /dev/hdc1, etc. but nothing seems to work.
Does anyone know where the installer expects the package database to be?
If not i guess it's a matter of searching through the install source
(it's python right?).

Thanks.