Nonworking Tulip ethernet driver?

Jeff Berman yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 30 11:40:01 2002

Hi everybody,

Under YDL 2.2 and the Linux 2.2 kernel, ethernet works great on my system
(Performa 6400).  However, under the 2.4 kernel, it doesn't work at all.  A
couple other list messages suggested using the generic DEC DE4X5 driver
instead of the Tulip driver.

I'm very new to Linux and was unable to get the "INSMOD DE4X5" command to
work.  Can someone please point me in the right direction with this?  Also,
why would the Tulip driver suddenly break in the 2.4 kernel?

I'd just use the 2.2 kernel and be done with it but it doesn't like my video
card, so I'm stuck with 2.4.

Thank you!

Jeff