YDL 2.2 installation problem

Chaz yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Apr 30 16:02:00 2002

Hello:

First time on the list so I hope I don't repeat somebody's question.
I'm having a bit of some trouble installing YDL 2.2 on a:

PowerMac 7300/180 (180Mhz)
80MB Ram
1.95Gig HD
Mac OS 9.1.x

I've been running YDL 2.1 on it for quite some time, and I never had any
installation problems with it.  YDL 2.2 on the other hand stops at the
same point every time, and depending on which kernel version I'm
running, I get slightly different results.

After I choose which installation package I want (the internet/network
one if it matters), if I'm running vmlinux (2.4 something?), the
installer will display the window that says that it is "Reading local
package database" or something.  Neither progress bars moves and it will
stay like this with the CD spinning for as long as I leave it.  If I'm
running vmlinux-2.2, neither progress bars move, but I will get an error
message after a short while:

This module has suffered a fatal error!

Bug Report Traceback:
IndexError: End of block not found
File "/usr/lib/yup/yupdbfile.py", line 262, in enterblock raise
IndexError, 'End of block not found'
File "/usr/lib/yup/yupdb.py", line 893, in ReadRemoteList db.enterblock()
File "/usr/lib/yi/packman.py", line 184, in read-packages
ptree.ReadRemoteList()
File "/usr/lib/yi/packman.py", line 119, in configure
ptree=self.read_packages()
file "/usr/lib/yi/template.py", line 57, in __call__ return self,
configure(args)

It doesn't matter whether I use the graphical installer or the text
one.  I get the same stall or the same error message either way.
Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
Chaz McGarvey