CUPS and java

Kaoru Fukui yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Aug 1 15:27:00 2002

On  1 Aug, Cynthia Croy wrote:

>   Hello everyone -
>
> I have a couple questions about CUPS. I haven't gotten my printer to
> work with the software that came with YDL 2.2, although the network is
> unreachable error went away (thanks Larry!). Now I just get nothing, so
> I thought I would try CUPS. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten very far. I
> followed the HOWTO on the YDL web site, and I got to the point of
> extracting the spec file, and I get "tar: cups-1.1.15-1/cups.spec: Not
> found in archive." I'm wondering if the fact that the download quit with
> "download complete" when the status window said it was only 99%
> finished. Did it miss something? I tried the US mirror, the Finnish one,
> and the German one. The German one quit with 0 Mb in the file. The US
> and Finnish ones gave the 99% finished result. Is there another site I
> can download from or something else I can do to fix this?

Do you know rawhide?
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/SRPMS/SRPMS/

You can get cups-1.1.15-4.src.rpm from there.

Kaoru
PS: I have java runtime of gcc-3.2 which it needs binutils,gcc-3.2,jdkgcj.
All package are in there(and gnu.org). BUT this way is INcompatible against
yellow dog linux for libstdc++