DVD software

Bill Mueller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Aug 1 19:09:01 2002

My work day is about up, so here is what I got

Smooth video, 1 frame drop/1000
Sh*tty sound.  I think its because alsa is forcing 16 bits down my 8 bit
card. But there are voices now.

The video is slow and choppy because it is having trouble with writing to
your sound device (/dev/dsp).

Here's how I got as far as I did:
Get new version of alsa drivers (www.alsa-project.org) you need all five
files.  compile/install them by just
    > ./configure
    > make install

Get all the source files from Ogle and compile and install them in the order
listed by
    > tar zxf <file>
    > cd <file directory>
    > ./configure
    > make
    > make install

The only one that needs flag set is the ogle-0.8.4   It needs (on one line)

    >./configure --enable-alsa --disable-altivec --disable-mmx --with-x

after install, copy /usr/local/share/ogle/oglerc to your home directory and
edit the file so that driver is 'alsa', and the path is 'default'

hope this helps someone...

All this and you too can get good video with bad sound