latest benh kernel on powerbooks [was Re: CUPS errors]

Carsten Milling yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Aug 2 08:35:01 2002

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 08:01:04AM -0500, David Dahl wrote:

> And, now my machine is even more responsive and zippy than before.
> I reccommend that all powerbook owners rebuild thier kernel, it
> really speeds things up...

Sounds interesting. Till now I hesitated to try this because, from
what I read on this list, it seemed to me that some things that work
with the stock YDL kernel may not with benh's. So I would be
interested to hear on what PB (G4?, which type?) you run your kernel
and, above all, if sleep works with it. What about sound, firewire,
modem, ...? Any special tweaking necessary? Thanks in advance,

Carsten