latest benh kernel on powerbooks [was Re: CUPS errors]

David Dahl yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Aug 2 09:05:01 2002

When I used to run Mandrake PPC i started using ben's kernel, and I found that it greatly improved stability, especially when my Powerbook G4/400 was new.
I havent tested Firewire yet, I will with a new drive I want to format next week. I hope it works.
I have not tested the modem yet, but I did compile in Airport card support, which I will finally be getting soon.
The only "special tweaking" was using the following web site instructions:

http://www.imaclinux.com/plain_page.php?caller=imaclinux.php3+record=46

YES! sleep works great! I didnt even test it  until now.
Cool.
Sound works just fine, I listen to XMMS all day long  (streaming).

get the source over rsync, and follow the instructions on imaclinux.com and you'll be fine.

David

PS:  if there are issues and you know about them with YDL, please comment.