How to buy YDL software

Carsten Milling yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Aug 2 09:16:01 2002

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 09:45:36AM -0400, Pietro wrote:
> Of course I know about .iso images. I downloaded it for 2.0 version for
> evaluation purposes
> but if Terrasoft don't get enough money from new versions sales, then
> will not produce
> these new versions. We, the users must to pay (if we can) to maintan a
> viable business.
>
> Do you remember LinuxPPC?. I was user of that distribution but is now an
> unmantained and
> unsupported distribution. I don't want it happens again with YDL.
>
> I live in Venezuela.
>
> BTW, Federal Express services cost $30 for international delivery exept
> USA and Canada,
> (no taxes included) that is more than the price of new versions.
>

> Pietro Pesci-Feltri C.

I think Pietro raises an interesting point here. I bought the CDs
twice for the same reasons as Pietro's, i.e. to support a nice Linux
distribution for PPC. However, I payed more than $60 each time. That
means the shipping was even more expensive than the actual
distribution. I could have bought YDL in a local shop but even here in
Berlin they are quite slow to have the latest version available.  BTW,
one of the German resellers mentioned on
http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/resellers/international.shtml was
not even capable to offer a decent payment method for their online
shop.

It would be really great if Terra Soft could find a way to reduce
shipping costs for their really excellent product. I remember online
purchases from the U.S. which where much more affordable. For now I
decided to go with apt-get for the 2.3 upgrade.

Best regards,

Carsten Milling