How to buy YDL software

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Aug 2 09:49:01 2002

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Carsten Milling wrote:
>I think Pietro raises an interesting point here. I bought the CDs twice
>for the same reasons as Pietro's, i.e. to support a nice Linux
>distribution for PPC. However, I payed more than $60 each time. That
>means the shipping was even more expensive than the actual distribution.

 I have to agree with this. I also buy as many distros as I can to help
support TerraSoft. 2.3 was the first distro I haven't bought, and the only
reason was because money was tight when I asked my boss for it and the
shipping really adds to the cost (not to mention the fact that our dollar
is in the crapper, so we get killed in the exchange rate).

 I think a subscription option would be really great. I don't really need
to buy physical CDs, especially since I'm mirroring the server, but I
would like to contribute $$ in a way that I can sell easily to the powers
that be here. Since other departments pay outrageous fees for service and
maintenance contracts on their Solaris and Irix boxes, one or two hundred
$$ should be easy for me to get them to agree to. The only thing I would
need for this to be an item to pitch to my boss is an official
'subscription service' provided by Terra Soft which might include things
like advanced access to download ISOs (I would even be willing to mirror
subscription accounts and/or design a system that can make it exportable
via http), and a friendly newsletter every month or two with some tips,
updaters, changelogs, etc..

 Dan what do you think?

 Anyway, just my $0.02.

Cheers,