How do I create a bootable disk

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Aug 4 22:03:01 2002

Surely this should be in the FAQ, since I could
find it asked a half dozen times in recent mailing list
archives, but I couldn't find it answered anywhere:

Given a ydl 2.3 .iso file, a default MacOS 9.2 installation,
a cd burner, and Toast Lite 5.0.2, how do I create a bootable
install disk?

Toast help says: "Click Other in the Toast window and hold down the
mouse button." In keeping with the general quality of the Roxio
product, there is no "Toast" window, and no window anywhere has an
"Other" to click on. Plus, Toast claims it can't find a recordable
drive, even though it keeps asking me to initialize the disk.

Disk Copy 6.3.3 doesn't have a burning option.

Disk Burner fails in a variety of ways.

Itunes will happily burn music cds, but that's not exactly
right either.

I tried using Disk Copy on OSX, and that produced a mountable
but not bootable CD. And it was only mountable on my
OSX machine, not the OS9 that I'm trying to do the
install on.

And suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-a