Availability of GCC 3.2 for YDL

Chris Ruprecht yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Aug 5 16:01:01 2002

Hi Dan,

On Monday 05 August 2002 07:47 pm, Dan Burcaw wrote:
> I've got 3.2 built as part Ruffpack (our "Rawhide").
> At some point would people be interested in having access
> to our Ruffpack stuff?  The main problem I see is that

That would be nice :). How would you distribute the stuff? Via a similar=20
interface as rpmfind or just in some ftp directory?

> you can't just install gcc 3.2.... other newer parts of
> the system would be necessary too.

Well, my main question is: with gcc 3.x having AltiVec support, what does=
 that=20
do to a Linux kernel when compiled on a G4 type machine? Will that=20
automagically produce some AltiVec optimized code or does this require=20
specific, AltiVec coding?=20

Best regards,
Chris