How do I create a bootable disk

Matthew 'Fringe' Duhan yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Aug 5 08:33:00 2002

If you're using Toast 5, when you launch it you will be presented with the
main Toast window, where you can add files, etc. This is the Toast window
referred to in the directions. Along the top left you should see four large
buttons for the type of CD you wish to create - Data (shows a picture of a
CD), Audio (shows musical notes), Disc Copy (shows 2 CDs), and Other (Shows
a CD). Click Other and you should get a pull down list for the type. Choose
Disc Image. You'll then in the main window area see two buttons, Select to
select the .ISO file and Mount to mount it. DO NOT MOUNT a YDL ISO on MacOS.
If you do it will no longer boot into Linux. Select the ISO file and click
the blue button in the lower right to burn the CD. If you have already
mounted the ISO (in Toast, Disc Copy, whatever) then you'll have to trash it
and re-download it from the servers.

Is your CD burner internal or external? If external, make sure it is plugged
in and turned on before startup. If that doesn't work, try unplugging and
re-plugging it in without a CD in the burner. This assumes it is a
hot-swappable connection such as USB or FireWire.

HTH,
Matt