How do I create a bootable disk

Graham Leggett yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Aug 5 01:31:01 2002

art-ydl1@pigdogs.org wrote:

> Given a ydl 2.3 .iso file, a default MacOS 9.2 installation,
> a cd burner, and Toast Lite 5.0.2, how do I create a bootable
> install disk?

The .iso file is completely bootable within itself: There is nothing you
have to do to it to make it boot, just write it directly.

Unfortunately many CD writer programs try to be clever by opening the
the .iso image and allowing you the option to edit the image before
burning it. The side effect of this is that the attributes that make the
disk bootable are stripped from the disk, and you end up writing a dud.

Bottom line is, make sure you select the "burn ISO directly to CD"
option in your CD writer software, you should find how to do this in
your CD writer manual.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm