DVD software

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Aug 5 22:06:00 2002

On Mon Aug 5 2002, Khaos Gott wrote:

> I'm runnig Xv and DMA is enabled on my DVD drive. My screen has 16 bit=20
> colours. It's not only DVD it's the same with Divx movies.
> I don't know if i'm using accelerated X. I've got speed problems in tux r=
> acer=20
> to. Tux doesn't see my 3D card so maybe X is not accelerated. Do you know=
>  how=20
> to check this?
> Also I'd like to see a YDL tweak guide or something like that.

Hi,

xine only requires 2D acceleration.  You can check with xvinfo:

gwiz% xvinfo
X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0
  Adaptor #0: "ATI Rage128 Video Overlay"
    number of ports: 1
    port base: 55
    operations supported: PutImage
    supported visuals:
      depth 24, visualID 0x23
      depth 24, visualID 0x24
      depth 24, visualID 0x25
      depth 24, visualID 0x26

xine will also indicate in its output that it's using Xv.

Make sure you have:

	Driver  "r128"

in the Section "Device" of your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file.

tuxracer requires 3D acceleration which requires enabling DRI in your
X configuration.  However DRI support is still somewhat flaky (at least
for me) and can cause your system to crash, although I have been able
to play tuxracer a few times with DRI enabled.

If you're still having problems, maybe someone else on the list can
provide you with a known working /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file for your
type of system.

						-Regards

						-Bill