DVD software

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Aug 5 22:20:01 2002

On Mon Aug 5 2002, David Dahl wrote:

> I installed xine as mentioned in this thread and I get the follwing out put
> followed by a Segfault.... what is wrong?

Hi,

It could be a number of things.  If you used the 0.9.12 version of xine
it is known to segfault on PPC.  The 0.9.13 version builds and runs fine
(using the "rpm -ta" method I described in an earlier e-mail message).

Make sure you removed all earlier or previously installed versions of
xine.  Plus it may be necessary to move or remove any previously existing
~/.xine directory.

You can also try using xine on other content such as avi or mpg files.

						-Regards

						-Bill