DVD software

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Aug 6 07:34:01 2002

On Tue Aug 6 2002, Khaos Gott wrote:

> > tuxracer requires 3D acceleration which requires enabling DRI in your
> > X configuration.  However DRI support is still somewhat flaky (at least
> > for me) and can cause your system to crash, although I have been able
> > to play tuxracer a few times with DRI enabled.
>
> Section "DRI"
>
>         Mode 0666
> EndSection
>
> That's what's in my config file. Is DRI now enabled on my system or not?

Hi,

First, glad to hear you got xine working.  To check if DRI is enabled do:

gwiz% glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: No
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.2
server glx extensions:
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_EXT_import_context

The important line is the one about direct rendering (as you can see I
don't currently have DRI enabled).

						-Regards

						-Bill