Sendmail problems

Paul Guba yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Aug 6 08:13:01 2002

I have had sendmail working nicely for many months.  Recently I had to
shutdown the server due to power outages.  There is a battery backup and
I was there to preform an graceful shutdown.  When I restarted the
localhost dns settings had changed.  I reset that but I found that
sendmail is no longer working.  It will send mail to localhost but
nothing outside server and relay does not work.  DNS seems fine and all
other services working as well Http, Ftp, Ssh.  In the mail log there is
this message " NOQUEUE: [66.114.66.188] did not issue
MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA"
Any ideas?

System is:
8500 G3 400
YDL 2.1 stock kernel and package.
Older version I know but was working very smoothly.

P Guba