PHP with MySQL problems

Ken Schweigert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Aug 7 09:28:01 2002

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 08:00:09AM -0700, Mark Jaffe wrote:
> On 8/6/02 23:17, "Mark Jaffe" <wizards44@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > Anyone using PHP with MySQL? I found it is not working out-of-the-box, and
> > attempting to build PHP with mysql configured is not working. Anyone else
> > tried it? I am on 2.2, BTW. Is this better in 3.3? Can I get by yup or
> > apt-get?
> >

> I should have been more explicit in what was not working. I need to set up
> something that is PHP/MySQL-based - I am trying both Mantis and DCL for
> bug-tracking. When I install those packages and try to connect to them in a
> browser, it displays a message indicating a missing component:
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in
> /home/httpd/html/mantis/core_database_API.php on line 39
>
> Or
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_pconnect() in
> /home/httpd/html/dclgw/mysql.php on line 86

If you install PHP from the RPM, you'll need the php-mysql RPM as well.

Also, if this is a production system, or one reachable from the internet,
you should be using the latest version (4.2.2) which fixes a vulnerability
in earlier version.  I don't think there's an RPM available yet, but it's
not that difficult to build it from source.

$0.02

-ken