No apt

R Shapiro yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Aug 7 11:25:01 2002

Paul Guba writes:
 > I think the problem is I an running 2.1

I had major problems getting apt to work under 2.1.  I wouldn't
recommend it.

 > towards apt.  Would upgrade to 2.3 but reconfigure the many services I
 > have will be a problem.

It's easier than what you're trying to do now, and 2.3 is a better
release overall imo (better than 2.2, for sure).

 > I have spent a long time setting up bind,
 > Apache, Proftpd, Sendmail and others.

Make an iso image file of /etc and whatever other config directories
you need, and burn it to a cd.  It won't be nearly as bad as you think
to configure these things again, now that you've done it successfully
once.  Getting apt to work properly in 2.1 is much nastier imo, and
likely to lead to a much messier system.

--
rshapiro@bbn.com