How do I create a bootable disk

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Aug 7 12:46:01 2002

   Matthew 'Fringe' Duhan  yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
   Mon Aug 5 08:33:00 2002

   [...]
   You'll then in the main window area see two buttons, Select to
   select the .ISO file and Mount to mount it. DO NOT MOUNT a YDL ISO on MacOS.
   If you do it will no longer boot into Linux.

   HTH,
   Matt

Helped a lot, thanks! In general, the instruction "see your burning
software instruction manual for info on burning iso images" is not
terribly sufficient since these instructions are either missing,
unlear, or wrong in every manual I've looked at.

The solution was to burn the disks in OSX using Disk Copy. Toast Lite
fails completely in 9.2. Itunes/DiskBurner doesn't seem to do the job,
and Disk Copy in 9.2 doesn't even offer the option.

Anyway, 3.2 is now up and running on my lombard. _Vastly_ better
installation experience than 2.0 and 2.1.

Thanks,
--art