YDL 2.3/XEmacs

R Shapiro yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Aug 9 04:26:01 2002

On Thursday, August 8, 2002, at 10:37  PM, Stefan Bruda wrote:

> If you still want to compile your own XEmacs (as i did, the YDL RPM
> was not compiled with ESD sound support between other things), note
> that I had problems in building anything over 21.4.5 (or 21.4.4, I am
> not sure).  I don't quite remember the actual errors, but they did
> have something to do with X libraries not being found, and thus they
> look similar to yours.

As you noticed, a small patch is required in the config script.   If
you download any recent .src.rpm for xemacs prepared by a ppc linux
vendor, the patch will be included.  Then just

    rpm --rebuild ...

I have such a .src.rpm for 21.4.8, if you can't find one elsewhere.
For that matter I also have .ppc.rpm's.  But I don't have a server to
upload to...

I _always_ use rpms when possible, rather than building directly from
tars and installing in /usr/local.  Packaged software is much easier to
deal with, and rpms are usually easy to find.

--
reshapiro@attbi.com