can't boot anymore

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Aug 13 09:38:01 2002

Hi.

At 10:44 -0400 on 13-8-2002 r.may wrote:

 > What suggestions do y'all have?  I was thinking that maybe going into OF
 > and pointing it to the yaboot bootstrap partition may do the trick, but
 > I've forgotten how to do this.

Go into OF (Command-Option-O-F upot bootup), and type at the OF prompt
something like this:

    boot hd:9,yaboot

Change the number 9 to the actual number of your bootstrap partition.
You will be presented with the second-stage boot and you will be able
to boot linux.

This is fine, but you will have to do this all over again, each time
you boot.  To reinstate the bootstrap partition in its booting rights
(and thus have the usual boot menu), once you log into Linux just run
ybin.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.