Installing on a G4 with a Apple Color Plus 14'' Monitor

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Aug 14 17:30:01 2002

I can't seem to get the YDL 2.3 installer to correctly display the old Apple Color Plus 14'' Monitor (ca 1994) that I am using. Is there anything that I can do to correct this? This is what happens:

I boot off the CD all right. I get as far as the prompt for  "%booting:..." Then I have tried the GUI installer (pressing the RETURN key) and "install-text" but in each case the screen remains legible for only a couple seconds while it appears to be loading the kernel. But then suddenly the screen seems to brake-up into a dozen vertical lines and becomes unintelligible. I can still make out that the installer appears to be running but it is impossible to read what the screen says because the screen distortion.

I have tried to find advice on the YDL mailing lists using Google, and I have reviewed the RealPlayer video and the YDL 2.3 Install Guide but have not had any luck. Any ideas?

I am installing on a

AGP G4 400
512 RAM
22-inch Apple Cinema Display
AGP ATI Rage Pro, 16 Meg
Installing from internal DVD RAM drive
Booted from YDL 2.3 Installer CD

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Skarpheden