DVD software

Graham Leggett yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Aug 14 18:33:01 2002

Bill Fink wrote:

> Run xine-check and pay attention to what it says.  Also check the
> xine HOWTO at:
>
> 	http://dvd.sourceforge.net/xine-howto/en_GB/html/howto.html
>
> Especially check Section 9 (Increasing Performance).
>
> The two biggest speed issues are making sure you are using Xv, and making
> sure DMA is enabled on your DVD drive.

I have managed to get xine to play DVDs, but the performance is terrible
on my 400MHz G3 powerbook.

I am not using Xv, as it claims it is not there. What do I need to do to
add Xv to the XFree86 v4.2.0 that comes with YDL v2.2?

I tried to install the ATI drivers from gatos, but the drivers do not
build properly on my machine (it complains of a number of missing header
files). Any ideas for getting gatos to work?

Any ideas?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm