UMAX 1220U on YDL 2.3?

Paul Rockwell yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Aug 16 20:13:01 2002

Wondering if anyone has gotten the a UMAX 1220U USB scanner (or any USB scanner) to work with the latest version of sane-backends (1.0.8) on YDL 2.3, as 1.0.5 doesn't have a backend for this scanner.

1.0.8 compiles, but when I try to run anything to test the scanner (like scanimage or xsane), it indicates that there are no devices available. I also get a syslog entry as follows:

Aug  9 21:38:45 linuxppc kernel: scanner.c: write_scanner(0): funky result: -32. Consult Documentataion/usb/scanner.txt.

Thanks!

Paul E. Rockwell
paulrockwell@mac.com