swap space??

Chris Ruprecht yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Aug 19 09:04:01 2002

Paul,

On Monday 19 August 2002 10:52, Paul J. Lucas wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Chris Ruprecht wrote:
> > I'm running 1 GB of swap with my PowerBook with no problems, using YD=
> > 2.3.
>
> =09If there are no problems, then you're never really using that
> =09much swap anyway, so it's pointless.

There are no problems running 1 GB of swap space. On occasion, I have bee=
n=20
using up to about 750 MB of it, using PostgreSQL 7.1, which, at the time =
had=20
a memory leak and was using more memory than needed. This situation has b=
een=20
fixed in 7.2 and I have not used that much swap space in a while, althoug=
h,=20
the machine still swaps occasionally.

--=20
Chris Ruprecht
Network Grunt and bitpusher extraordinaire