Converting OS X AddressBook to KAddress?

Timothy A. Seufert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Aug 20 02:21:01 2002

At 2:54 PM -1000 8/19/02, Angela Kahealani wrote:

>Besides, any program that can import should correspondingly
>export, or it has been POLITICALLY designed, not rationally
>designed. I'm leaving the MacOS World as much as possible
>because all their design decisions are political any more. As an
>engineer, that really rubs me the wrong way.

As an engineer, it really rubs me the wrong way when some random bozo
arbitrarily decides that deficiencies in a product always imply
political decisions.  Having had practical experience on real
projects, I know all too well that completely non-political issues
(like DEADLINES, and BUDGET LIMITATIONS) frequently get in the way of
engineers being able to do everything they'd like to.

(Doesn't just apply to commercial projects, either -- open source is
not immune to deadlines and budget problems, even when done by
private individuals without commercial sponsorship.)
--
Tim Seufert