YDL 2.3 -- qt bugfix

ralf oberleitner yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Aug 23 06:02:01 2002

Dear YDL fellows, guess I really need some help..

After a recent clean reinstall of YDL on my iBook(late 2001), this time
2.3, everything was just fine, except the long startup time of konqueror
and the non-working screensavers in KDE 3. This is _exactly_ what the
qt-Bugfix on the YDL-support-website is offered for.

Following the apt-get update and qt install procedure described got me a
message saying qt was already the latest version (the
qt-3.0.3-11.ppc.rpm was installed then, not the qt-3.0.3-11a.ppc.rpm),
so I did the manual procedure as described.

I was not lucky, however, on the next reboot, no graphical login showed
up and doing startx resulted in a bunch of error messages from XFree86 4
ending with

Fatal server error:
failed to initialize core devices.

To keep traffic low, I made the logfile available under
http://homepages.uni-regensburg.de/~obr26222/XFree86.0.log.20020822

Any ideas? Is it possible to downgrade again to the previous version of
qt? If so, how?

Ralf
--

Ralf Oberleitner