more CUPS ?'s

Aurel Wisse yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Aug 23 18:45:01 2002

Cynthia,

I just found the "mpage" program which, for my needs,
completely eliminates the need for using the PPD file
for my PostScript printer.

Pipe the output of mpage directly to the printer. I
worte a small "print" shell script.

Try "man mpage".

Aurel

P.S.: This is mostly useful for printing from the
command line. You might have to write a shell script
for a gui (kde, gnome) setup to use mpage.