iBook NIC

Jim Pharis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Aug 29 22:05:01 2002

YellowDoggers,

I just bought the new iBook with YellowDog preinstalled from
terrasoftsolutions. I was a little unthrilled about having the MacOS on
there so I formatted and reinstalled only YellowDog.

I am running into a problem. The sungem NIC doesn't seem to want to
activate. I go through the Internet Configuration Wizard and it lists it
as eth0 but it can't activate it in the Device menu of Network
Configuration and under Hardware the IRQ is unknown. I get the following
warning.

The Ethernet card could not be initialized. Please verify your settings
and try again.

I am brand new to PPC. Am I missing a module or something? I did a
google on this and I couldnt find much. Thanks for any help.

Jim