OpenSSH Help

Matthew S. Krawitz yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Aug 30 22:42:00 2002

why don't you login as a non-priv user and su up?  Or better yet, use
sudo.

Using sudo to run a command as root is a great thing!  Simply type:

	sudo <command you'd like to run as root with all arguments>

sudo prompts you for your root passwd, and executes the command
indicated as root.

Logging in as root from the command prompt is a really bad idea (IMHO).

  - matthewk