KDE Slowdown

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Dec 2 06:51:01 2002

On 12/02/02, at 02:18 AM, Brian Young <bcy@scn.org> said:

>$apt-get update

>And

>$apt-get upgrade

>If'n you've never done this before I bet it'll fix it.  Weird bug with Qt I
>think, don't know the details of it, but the update fix is certainly nice and
>effective.

It can't be the Qt bug, I'm up to date on that,  but then I suppose Qt could have gotten mangled somehow. How do you do a forced reinstall with apt? It couldn't hurt.
One other thing is that whatever the problem is, it is not confined to my usual user name. I thought maybe if I deleted ~/.kde it might fix it, but before doing that I logged in as root to test it, same problem. The good news is that I don't have to waste my settings.

Carl Brown cbsled@ncia.net
-----