install on xserve

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Dec 3 20:39:01 2002

Hi Patrick,

On Tue Dec 3 2002, Patrick Hynes wrote:

> I'm attempting to load YDL 2.3 on a new Xserve. I'm running into a
> problem where I lose function of the mouse and keyboard when the
> installer comes up. It's not making sense to me since i'm using all
> standard Apple stuff....Apple Pro KB and mouse

Gee, I just ran into the same thing a little while ago when I
installed YDL on an XServe.  It was quite perplexing for a while.
It turns out that if the key position on the front panel isn't fully
in the unlocked position, the mouse and keyboard are locked out.
I guess it's a "security" feature.  :-(

						-Bill