APT-GET is rabbit-dung ... please confirm/deny

Stephen Reiach yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Dec 5 16:41:00 2002

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 15:07:19 -0500
Stefan Bruda <bruda@ubishops.ca> wrote:

> I am aware of the possibility to build an RPM packages from sources
> and then install the result, and this might just be the best way
> around.  But then I did not have time to investigate how to do it.
> Maybe somebody knowledgeable could summarize the procedure here?
>
> Stefan

There are many packages can can do the work for u. 'checkinstall' is one that comes to mind.  It can build rpms, debs, tar etc from source.  Use the last stable version. http://www.gnu.org/directory/All_Packages_in_Directory/CheckInstall.html

Stephen Reiach.