New Nov ibook 2002 Cant get XFree86 to Start

Stefan Jeglinski yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Dec 9 10:07:01 2002

>You need to use my patched version of the 2.4.20 kernel located at
>http://homepage.mac.com/anniewinkler/FileSharing3.html.  Everything
>should work except sleep, so don't close the lid while linux is
>running or you will have to reboot.

I tried it. There is already a vmlinux and a System.map in the
unzipped directory. I tried using them as a quick test, but the
result was quite awful - not even the dancing line problems; rather
the screen looked like a piece of film in a projector that got stuck
by the lamp: a slow melting look that eventually covered the screen -
reboot was the only solution. Do I instead need to rebuild the kernel
fresh using the source you provide?

Stefan Jeglinski